Modern Farmhouse Style Kitchen Update (K-67)All / Kitchens
Modern Farmhouse Style Kitchen Update
We transformed this 1938 home with an outdated 1980s kitchen to a fresh contemporary space.
The room’s layout was reconfigured to accommodate work zones for multiple cooks and free movement throughout the home.
Many features were added to update this to a modern farmhouse style kitchen.
• Removed areas of tile flooring (hardwood floors refinished by others)
• New cabinets and countertops: Yorktowne Cabinetry White Icing Classic painted white finish on Shaw Maple door style & Coffee Brown Leather Granite Countertop
• Installed Plumbing Fixtures: Delta 4197-AR-DST Cassidy pull-out faucet with Arctic Stainless finish & D” Shaped Double Promotional Undermount SS Sink from stone fabricator
• Added lighting to the inside of the glass cabinets: Soft white interior LED lights in butler pantry area & crescent shaped lights vertically inside face frame of wall cabinets
• Backsplash: 2 sizes of white subway tile in herringbone pattern, grout, and caulk
The homeowners are passionate about reclaiming and repurposing elements and antiques. Features, like the beam above the kitchen stove and the unique basket light fixture, were added to reflect the homeowners’ personal style.
Presently, their main love is reclaimed wood; the walls around the sink and beam above the cooktop are reclaimed. They look as if they are part of the original home, but are not. The homeowner stained all of the wood around the sink himself. We happily installed the beautiful beam for them.
Harrisburg Kitchen and Bath is a design & remodeling firm you can trust! How can we help you?
Looking for more ideas and personal assistance? We have the region’s largest showroom of fine cabinetry and fixtures!
Like to be social? Join us to stay connected with our latest news.