Custom Tiled Shower Benefits
A home’s bathroom provides a soothing retreat from stress. One of this year’s hottest bathroom design trends is a large custom tiled shower. Even homeowners with small bathrooms are incorporating the comfort and beauty of a custom tiled shower into their space. Here are six great reasons to consider a custom tiled shower for your building or remodeling project:
Custom Tiled Shower Benefits
(1) No restrictions to size or shape — Custom means each design and installation is completed to suit your particular needs. Do you have a room with unique measurements? Not a problem. Tiles are available in a wide range of sizes, shapes, colors, and textures providing endless design possibilities.
(2) Showpiece Design — Bathroom design is all about luxury and creating a comfortable retreat. Are you looking for something special? Tile is an excellent choice for whatever design statement you want to make. Whether you prefer subtle elegance, standout styles, or a combination of looks, properly installed tile can deliver your dreams.
(3) Accessories — A custom tiled shower allows for flexibility when installing additional accessories such as grab bars, benches, niches (recessed shelf for shampoo and soap storage), windows, multiple shower heads, and steam units. Consider the size of your space. A small shower may benefit from a bench that can fold up out of the way when not in use. Adding a corner seat, instead of a full bench, may be the best option for angled shower stalls.
(4) Custom Glass Shower Doors and Panels — Showoff your custom tiled shower with a frameless glass enclosure. You can create custom shower doors for any size area. We recommend and install Basco shower doors. They offer a variety of styles including frameless and sliding doors. You can build your own RODA by Basco shower door on their website to create your perfect shower space.
(5) Practical Option — Bathrooms require waterproof materials; tile is perfect for your shower’s walls (surround) and floor (pan) area. Tiles are durable, stain and moisture resistant, easy to clean, and can also provide a safe non-slip surface. And for installation, not just any grout will do; use epoxy grout for stain, mold, and mildew resistance.
(6) Cost Effective Choice — In addition to providing you with a place to relax, a custom tiled shower also increases your home’s value. A custom tiled shower is often comparable in price to cheaper fiberglass or acrylic solutions when you consider tile’s countless design options and greater longevity.
There are a lot of benefits and options with tile. When your bathroom is ready for an update, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed by the endless choices. We suggest you begin your building or remodeling project by finding design inspiration.
Start by Doing Your Homework This part is actually fun! You’re looking for things you like and don’t like. Eliminating designs helps focus on what you want for your home. For ideas, browse online photo resources such as Pinterest and Houzz, as well as our own project portfolios at harrisburgkitchenandbath.com.
What Comes Next? Are you still trying to decide how to proceed with your project? You don’t have to do it all by yourself. We are a design & remodeling firm you can trust! We’ll be happy to help you complete your project on time, and on budget. For more information, please contact us at Harrisburg Kitchen and Bath, and you’re invited to visit our showroom. From design to installation, our professionals are here to help you get your dream home.
Also join us on: