Hershey: Best Places to Live in Central PA
Hershey, Pa. Chocolatetown, USA. The Sweetest Place on Earth.
When you reside in Hershey, Pa. the phrase “home sweet home” couldn’t be more accurate. After all, it is the town that chocolate built.
In fact, when the historic factory on the corner of Chocolate and Cocoa avenues was operating, the sweet cocoa aroma often wafted into streets and homes.
The air may not smell like chocolate anymore, but Chocolatetown, USA is still a sweet place to live.
Here’s a look into why Hershey is one of the best places to live in Central PA.
According to the website Niche, which ranks schools and places to live based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and expert insights, Hershey, Pa. gets an A+ overall grade.¹
- Best Places to Live in Pennsylvania #98 of 1,535
- Places with the Best Public Schools in Pennsylvania #105 of 1,306
- Best Places to Raise a Family in Pennsylvania #134 of 1,534
- Best Places for Millennials in Pennsylvania #177 of 1,535
- Most Diverse Places to Live in Pennsylvania #298 of 1,532
- Best Places to Buy a House in Pennsylvania #703 of 1,535
- Derry Township, Dauphin County in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 14 miles east of Harrisburg
- Part of the Harrisburg–Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area
Median Age 42
Median Household Income
$54,360 in 2015, which represents a 0.45% growth from the previous year.
- Employment has been growing at a rate of 2.81%, from 6,972 employees in 2014 to 7,168 employees in 2015.
- The most common sectors are Educational Services & Healthcare, Arts, Entertainment, Recreation, Accommodation, Food Services, and Retail Trade.
Median Home Value $238,100 (National $178,600)
Average High/Low Temps³
- The highest monthly average temperature for July is 76 degrees.
- The lowest monthly average temperature for February is 32 degrees.
In conclusion, Hershey, Pa. is a friendly community and safe place. From excellent schools to abundant things to do (Hersheypark), the land of chocolate is a great place to live.
Do you live in the greater Harrisburg area and want to update your home?
Locator map of the city of Hershey — within Dauphin County, Pennsylvania:
By Rcsprinter123 (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
The author adapted this work for the Harrisburg Kitchen & Bath blog on August 31, 2017.