10 Home Design Trends for 2016
Incorporate these interior design trends for an up to date home.
A new year brings a fresh start. What goals have you made for your home? If you are looking for ways to refresh your space, you have come to the right place!
We are looking forward to the design trends that will make your home more stylish and efficient this year.
Here are our 10 picks for the top home design trends for 2016:
1. Open Kitchen Design. Integrated kitchen-living designs have become increasingly popular. The absence of dividing walls makes the home feel larger, brings more light into the space, and makes entertaining easier.
2. Quartz Countertops. High quality engineered stone surfaces from Cambria and Silestone continue to be a top choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops. Quartz is acid, scratch, heat and impact resistant, and doesn’t need to be sealed like natural stone.
3. Multi-function Kitchen Island. A central feature of the open kitchen design is a spacious island. If planned properly, a kitchen island can be a highly efficient unit featuring fixtures, appliances, storage, and seating.
4. Mixed Materials and Patterns. If you have always wanted to integrate different textures into your design but were scared of the results, now is the time to be bold! By consulting a design professional, you will be sure to get a long-lasting, eye-pleasing combination.
5. LED Lighting. LEDs, or light-emitting diodes, are highly efficient, long lasting, and environmentally friendly—assuring a promising future for LED lights. Progress Lighting, whose products can be seen in our showroom, released the industry’s first residential lighting fixtures using LEDs as a light source.
6. Specialized Cabinetry. Houzz research shows ease of storage is the top kitchen priority during a remodel. Manufacturers such as Yorktowne Cabinetry design cabinets for your life. Dividers and inserts allow you to organize anything from spices to pans, and an innovative storage option for deep corner drawers will make you say, “Wow!”
7. Wood (like) Tile Flooring. Do you love the look of wood but need a floor that’s more durable? Porcelain planks that look like wood provide the same inviting style but are much easier to maintain. You will be seeing more of this flooring in the future, but you may have take a closeup look to be sure it’s not wood.
8. Luxury Appliances. Advancements in home appliances are designed to make your life easier. Induction cooktops boil water faster and are safer and easier to clean. Warming drawers provide a low heat setting keeping foods ready to serve when it’s not quite mealtime. If you love cooking and technology, you will enjoy the convenience of wirelessly controlling your new appliance from your smartphone.
9. Curbless Showers. This trend has been common in high-end bathroom design, but curbless showers are becoming mainstream as more people chose to age in place and live in multi-generational homes.
10. Home Office. With more people working out of their home, the demand for a designated work area is on the rise. An attractive home office allows you to complete work faster, reducing stress and increasing your free time.
Of course, not all trends are for everyone. If you are interested in any of the home trends mentioned, but unsure if it’s right for you, the Harrisburg Kitchen and Bath specialists can help you decide.
Our experienced design and installation team can help you accomplish your goals for an end result that’s beautiful and guaranteed to stand the test of time.
Also join us on: